From 21st October to 28th November, Kohler Mira completed the Stand up to Cancer challenge! This competitive challenge saw departments across the business compete to see how much money they could raise for Cancer Research UK within the 4 weeks.
All associates could keep up to date with the activities and fundraising progress on Kohler Mira’s Stand up to Cancer Facebook page. In this post we share all the fantastic fundraising events that took place across the different departments during the month and how much each team raised.
- Rada managed to make over £150 from a car boot sale second hand items.
- Kohler UK teamed up with Finance on their pub quiz evening, they raised £715 from this, plus £415 from a Silent Auction.
- Finance raised £465 from their pub quiz, held at Cheltenham Town Football club.
- Halloween fancy dress from the Facilities and EHS teams raised over £370.
- Purchasing raised £591 through the Purchasing Parking Scheme, ‘Challenge the Manager’ event and DVD & cake sales.
- HR climbed the height of Everest on a step machine and raised £636.
- A team of our Field Service Engineers cycled 111 miles (their average daily miles) on static bikes. Their bike ride raised over £750!
- NPDI and Operations cycled the distance from Cheltenham to Wisconsin on static bikes.
- The Distribution team at Barnwood did the Man Vs Food challenge, bingo, bike ride, table top sale and raised over £857.
So the Mira Marketing had a very successful Charity Golf Day, raising £3,427. Plus their star prize raffle with prizes donated by local business in Cheltenham. With the final of GBBO Marketing's final fundraiser was a Halloween themed bake off, we can report there were no 'soggy bottoms'. This gave the team a total of £4,300!
The Operations team have done an astounding job, with a number of events taking place throughout the month including:
- £1035 from the Indian food sale. Which even saw the management dress up in traditional waiter attire to serve the team the fantastic food.
- £218 from the cake sale
- £370 from the BBQ
- Other events included, a Mufti day, sponsored silence as well as the mammoth cycle ride from Cheltenham to Kohler Co. HQ in Wisconsin which has raised over £1000
Finally, the Customer Service team capped off a fantastic month with a challenge day between the field based Service Engineers vs. the office based staff. This took competition to a whole new level with the plank challenge, hula hoop challenge and many more! Plus, the team were shaking collection buckets at a CTFC match and collectively managed to raise over £928 with their fundraising efforts.
At the end of the fundraising period the teams came together to be recognized for their efforts in an award ceremony with Liz Hazeldene, Kohler Mira Managing Director handing out the prizes. Stay tuned to find out the final charity total raised for Cancer Research by our associates throughout 2016.