Follow our step-by-step instructions to get your customer’s Mira Go ready for use.
The Mira Go electric shower was first launched in 2008, and was re-launched in 2014 because of improvements in both performance and aesthetics in 2014. This is now the current version that is available today. A popular choice for the end user because of its contemporary design and consistent all year round, affordable performance. So for those of you have yet to install a Mira Go we’ve created a step by step film and the following guide below so you’ll have no problem at all when you do come to installing this shower.
You have two options when it comes to installing the Mira Go, you can either watch our step by step installation film adjacent, or follow the instructions detailed below:
- Start by ensuring the electrical supply is turned off at the mains.
- Take the template supplied in the packaging with the shower and cut holes for the supply pipe and the electricity cables. Then use the template and a spirit level to decide on the positioning of the shower. Make sure there is a gap of at least 200mm between the shower unit and the ceiling.
- Make sure the wall behind the shower unit is free of electricity cables and pipework by using a stud detector. Then mark the fixing holes required on the template.
- Drill the fixing holes and insert wall plugs.
- Remove the three screws at the top and bottom of the unit that holds the cover on, then remove the cover.
- Determine the direction and route of the incoming water supply.
- Now flush through the pipework to make sure it’s free of debris before connection.
- Attach the unit to the wall using the fixing screws provided.
- Connect the inlet supply pipe to the inlet connector using push fit or compression elbows. Make sure the filter has been inserted.
- Turn on the water supply and check for any leaks.
- Strip back sufficient outer cable insulation and insert the wires into the terminal block. Insert the blue wire into the N terminal, the green wire into the E terminal and the brown wire into the terminal marked L.
- Tighten the screws on the terminal block and make certain that the wires are securely connected.
- Before replacing the cover, note that there are thin sections at the top and bottom that can be removed to allow entry of the electrical cables and supply pipe.
- Replace the cover of the unit. Before replacing the screws, turn the dials to make sure they are aligned with the spindles.
- Replace the three screws at the top and bottom of the unit to secure the cover. Note that there is no silicone sealant required when installing the Mira Go shower unit.
- To install the shower fittings, begin by marking the fixing holes exactly 630mm apart in the required position on your wall.
- Drill the fixing holes into your wall.
- Using the wall plugs and screws provided, screw the mounting brackets into the wall.
- Assemble the fittings and slot them into the mounting brackets.
- Fix the side bar at both ends with the hex screw supplied.
- Attach the hose to the unit and the shower head, making sure that you’ve inserted a washer at both ends.
- Commission the shower using the process outlined in your installation and user guide. If you have misplaced the installation and user guide, you can download it here.
- Turn your electricity back on at the mains.
- Your Mira Go shower is now ready for use!
Find out more information in our Installation and User Guides visiting our Expert resource centre.