Thursday 30th November 2017
The Mira Leap enclosure is easy to install, thanks to pre-assembled unhanded doors and panels and Mira’s unique Twist and Lock screwless installation system. Each unit has toughened safety glass, Cleancoat® glass coating and a Mira lifetime guarantee. Follow the instructions below for a thorough guide to fitting a shower cubicle or enclosure.
- Mark 10mm in from the front edge of the shower tray.
- Put the wall jamb in position and mark where the bottom fixing hole sits.
- Remove the wall jamb and use a 6mm masonry bit to drill into the wall and insert a rawl plug.
- Put the wall jamb back in position and insert the bottom fixing screw. Using the bottom screw as a pivot, you’ll be able to easily mark the position of the other fixing holes while making sure the wall jamb stays plum using a spirit level.
- Remove the wall jamb and drill the rest of the fixing holes where you’ve marked them. Insert rawl plugs into the holes.
- Apply silicone sealant at the bottom of where the jamb will be placed and at the top of the tray.
- Put the wall jamb in place and insert and tighten all the fixing screws. Check again that the wall jamb is completely straight using a spirit level.
- Repeat the above steps for the second wall jamb, marking and drilling the fixing holes. Then set the wall jamb aside.
- Attach the channel seals to the bottom of each side panel glass pane and cut them to size.
- Apply water to the seals and carefully slide both panels into the bottom lintel, ensuring the seals are properly seated in the channel.
- Once in place, connect the lintel to the panels at each end using the screws provided. You can use a piece of wood or something similar to lift the panels off the floor to get easier access.
- Follow the same steps to connect the top lintel, trimming the seals to length, applying water to the seals and then sliding the top lintel onto the panels before connecting them together using the screws provided.
- Before installing the frame assembly, apply silicone sealant to the wall where the second wall jamb will go.
- Insert the second wall jamb into the frame assembly and then slide the assembly onto the wall jamb that you’ve already attached to the wall.
- Attach the second wall jamb to the wall. Insert the screws and fully tighten, using the clever little plastic insert to stop the screws falling through the extrusion.
- Centralise the frame within the wall jambs, making sure that the assembly is aligned with the sides of the tray. Use a spirit level to make sure everything is plumb.
- Take the 3mm allen key provided and turn the three twist and lock mechanisms on each side of the frame 90˚ clockwise to lock the frame into place. Mira’s unique twist and lock mechanism removes the need for drilling and screwing through the door profile and wall jamb.
- Next, install the infill strips into the bottom and top lintels, trimming them to size.
- Fit the door seals to the fixed glass panels on each side.
- Apply a good amount of neat washing up liquid to lubricate the rubber infill strip and feed it down the length of the frame profile. Then trim it to size. Do the same for the frame profile on the other side.
- Insert the aluminium infill strips on both sides and work from top to bottom to make sure they sit flush.
- To get the sliding doors into place, find the allen key bolt on the top rollers and turn clockwise until the rollers are locked in their uppermost position. Fit the sliding door, ensure that the top rollers are slotted into the top track.
- Then press down on the quick release mechanism on the bottom rollers and slot them into the bottom track.
- Fit the rubber seals to the outside edges of the sliding doors and fit the magnetic seals to the inside edges, making sure that they line up properly when the doors are closed.
- To attach the door handles, start with the inside handle, fixing it into place by tightening the two screws. Then attach the outside handle and tighten the two grub screws with an allen key. Repeat this process on the second door.
- Run some silicone on the outside surfaces of the frame assembly to create a watertight seal.
- Use silicone sealant to fix the plastic top caps in place.
- Allow 24 hours for everything to dry before using the shower.
Ensure that the shower tray is level
Position the wall jambs on the wall and mark the fixing points
Fix the side panels into the top and bottom lintel and connect the assembly together using the screws supplied
Insert the quad frame assembly into both wall channels
Use the 3mm Allen key to lock the quad frame into both wall channels
Install the aluminium infill strips working from top to bottom
Refit the sliding doors into the top track and depress the quick release mechanisms
Install the door seals onto the fixed and sliding door panels
Connect the double handle assemblies to both sliding doors