Your Shower in Your Hands: The Mira Showers App
Getting the most out of your Mira App
Not only does your Mira app turn your shower off and on but it can help save you money too!
From checking your water usage to using the Eco pre-set, here are some handy hints and tips to help you get the most out of your Mira showers app.
- Customise the behaviour of the Bluetooth remote control accessory (sold separately) when operated.
- Limit how much water or time each shower can use (handy for avoiding nasty surprises with big bills!)
- View your showering usage patterns and understand your water usage in more detail.
- Restrict the maximum adjustable temperature for safer use with children
- Update your product firmware to ensure you're getting all the latest benefits and features
- Link your shower to your Smart speaker for voice control functionality
- Adjust the default flow rate when starting a shower
- Quick outlet reversal/swapping makes plumbing errors a thing of the past!
- Create your own custom shower pre-sets or choose from our curated range - the perfect shower for every user and occasion, every time!
- Detailed error diagnostic information for troubleshooting if things aren't going to plan
- Register your product guarantee
Pairing Problems on Android Devices
Phone won't connect your device with the shower? Here are some quick and easy ways to help fix it.
Solution 1: Clearing the Bluetooth cache
2. Enter the device's OS Settings menu.
3. Enter the menu item 'Apps and notifications'.
4. Tap 'Show all'/'See all x apps'.
5. Tap 'More' (or similar - may be represented by ... to indicate an additional sub-menu).
6. Tap 'Show system apps'.
7. Scroll down and tap into 'Bluetooth'.
8. Tap 'Storage/Cache'.
9. Tap both 'Clear cache' and 'Clear data' to clear all previous settings.
10. Exit Settings menu and re-launch the Mira Showers app.
11. Repeat the pairing process again with your Activate product.
Solution 2: Attempt a manual pairing
1. On your Android mobile device, quit and fully close the Mira Showers app (you may need to find out how to do this in your specific device manufacturer's documentation).
2. Enter the device's OS Settings menu.
3. Enter the Bluetooth menu (may be referred to as 'Connected Devices').
4. Tap 'Pair new device'.
5. Scan for and locate your Activate product which should appear as 'Mira 003F xxxxxxx'.
6. Once identified, tap the product and allow the Android OS to try to pair. This should eventually time-out.
7. Re-launch the Mira Showers app and repeat the pairing process again with your Activate product.
8. If this continues to fail, re-try Solution 1.
5. Tap 'Show all'/'See all xxx apps'.
6. Tap 'More' or similar (may be represented by ... to indicate an additional sub-menu).
7. Tap 'Show system apps'.
8. Scroll down and tap into 'Bluetooth'.
11. Tap both 'Clear cache' and 'Clear data' to clear all previous setting changes.
12. Exit Settings menu and re-enable Bluetooth service from pull down menu.
During pairing, I can't find my product listed?
If your mobile device cannot find your Activate or Mode product during the pairing process try the following:
1. Double-check that there is power to the product (verify the blue light is present on the digital mixing valve cover).
2. Ensure you are within the vicinity of your Activate/Mode product - the range of reception will vary depending on installation location and materials within your residence. The Bluetooth device resides within the digital mixing valve, not within the user controller.
3. If the product is still not appearing during a search, use the mobile device's OS level Bluetooth pairing setting to see if you can observe any products within the vicinity broadcasting as 'Mira 003F xxxx' or 'Mira 0039 xxxx' for a Mira Activate or 'Mode xxxx' for a Mira Mode. If you can locate a 'Mira 0039 xxxx' Activate product (where xxxx refers to the serial number of the product which varies) then this means your product has been incorrectly configured during start up. To rectify this, perform a factory reset from the user controller menu.
My custom pre-sets don't appear on the Activate controller?
Earlier models of the user controller firmware (up to version 9) will not fully mirror the pre-sets created using the app, on the controller menu screen. The best solution for this is to connect your Activate product to Wi-Fi to ensure you receive all the very latest bug fixes and feature improvements for your product. Our latest firmware will resolve this by displaying all your pre-sets on the controller menu screen.
However, if you do not wish to connect your product to Wi-Fi, the following information will allow you to work around the issue.
Activate can hold 10 pre-sets. The controller only checks certain pre-set slots in order to populate the controller menu. Whilst you can create a new custom pre-set in any of the other slots they will not always appear on the controller menu depending on the allocated slot position. If you wish to have pre-sets 'mirror' between app and controller, you can edit the Mira curated pre-sets and adjust as required e.g. change temperature/outlets/name/picture etc. The changes made will then appear on the controller menu.
My pre-sets aren't running for the specified amount of time I set?
If you have configured a pre-set for a specified duration of time and find that it is shutting off earlier than expected, please check your maximum duration setting which will over-ride any pre-set durations. This setting can be located under the Settings Menu > Temperature, Duration and Flow > Maximum Duration. Ensure Maximum Duration is set to a value greater than your longest pre-set duration.
My Mira Showers app crashes when I open the usage data tab/displays odd values?
In the rare instance this occurs, please log out of your user profile within the app then re-login which should rectify the issue.
Logout can be found on the main dashboard screen where your connected Mira products are shown and tapping the silhouette of the person in the top right.
Configuring your Wireless remote control accessory using the Mira app
If you have purchased the separate Wireless remote control accessory for your Mira Activate, you may not have realised you can use the Mira Showers app to configure what happens when you operate it. Under the 'Pre-sets' tab, locate and tap into the 'Default' pre-set, then tap Edit. Here you can change the outlet, flow rate, temperature and duration/water volume that will be delivered when operating the remote. As standard, this is as per the image shown but can be updated to reflect your personal preferences as required.