Terms & Conditions
Please find below are full terms and conditions, specifically for purchasing from our Parts and Accessories and Taps sections of the Mira Showers website.
1.0 Who We Are
1.1 This website is owned and operated by Kohler Mira Ltd. Registered Office: Cromwell Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL52 5EP. Registered in England No. 252115.
2.0 Placing an Order With Us (This service is available for customers residing in the UK only and delivery within the UK).
2.1 By placing an order with Kohler Mira, you are accepting these Terms & Conditions, set out below, as well as our Privacy Statement.
2.2 When you place an order to purchase a product from Kohler Mira Ltd, we will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail containing the details of your order. This confirmation email is to let you know that we have received your order and one of our agents will be processing it. Order acceptance and completion of the contract, will take place when we dispatch the goods to you (or some of them if we are delivering in installments) unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with our instructions (refer to cancellation section.)
3.1 Secure payment will be taken at the point of order. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Switch or Maestro. We will email you to confirm that your transaction has been successful. If you do not receive this email please check your junk mail folder.
4.0 Pricing & Availability
4.1 All prices quoted on our website are in UK pounds and include Value Added Tax at the current rate.
4.2 We may not accept your order for the following reasons:-
- The product you ordered may no longer be available
- Non authorisation of your payment
- Identification of a price or product description error
- Our terms and conditions have not been met.
4.3 If the goods are unavailable, we will contact you by e-mail or telephone and you will have the option to either wait until the goods are available or cancel your order.
5.1 We can deliver anywhere in the UK. Unfortunately we cannot deliver to British Forces Postcodes.
5.2 Delivery can only be made to the billing address.
5.3 FREE DELIVERY – Orders will be shipped with Standard Delivery free of charge.
5.4 We aim to dispatch orders within 3 working days (Mon-Fri) if the goods are available. If they are not available, we will aim to deliver the goods within 30 days. Once your goods have been dispatched we will send you an email confirming this. If we cannot deliver the goods within 30 days we will inform you and agree a revised date. If you do not want to agree a revised date the contract will be treated as if it had not been made.
5.5 Please note that during holiday periods (bank holidays and Christmas week) orders may be delayed.
5.6 No liability whatsoever is accepted in respect of late deliveries. Do not arrange for a plumber to install the items until after they have been delivered and checked for discrepancies and to make sure they are undamaged.
6.0 Cancellation/Returns Policy
6.1 You have the right to cancel your order at anytime within 14 days of receipt.
6.2 To cancel your order you must contact Mira Showers on 01242 262888 quoting your order address postcode and reference number. You are responsible for the cost of returns postage/carriage unless the goods are faulty. The goods must be unused and repacked, failure to take reasonable care of the goods may result in a partial refund only. After 14 days re reserve the right not to accept goods back.
6.3 A refund will be issued upon receipt of goods or proof of dispatch and can only be made to the card payment was originally taken from.
7.1 All Goods are covered by our 1 year manufacturer’s guarantee against faulty workmanship and materials. You should open all boxes carefully and thoroughly check the goods for damage on the day of delivery. Any damage or deficiency must be notified within 3 days of delivery after which claims for credit cannot be accepted. The following are not covered under the terms of our guarantee
- Damage or performance issues arising from incorrect installation
- Improper use or neglect
- Lack of maintenance, build-up of limescale, frost damage or damage caused by foreign objects (corrosion, system debris, sludge or pipe scaling)
- Water or electrical services issues
- Installation outside our recommendations outlined in our user instructions
- Compensation for loss of use of the product or consequential loss of any kind
- Damage or defects if the product is taken apart, repaired or modified by any persons not authorised by Mira Showers or our approved agents.
7.2 If your goods do not work or appear not to be working correctly, please first check the manufacturer’s instruction book to ensure that they have been installed and are being used correctly.
7.3 If an exchange is necessary, please contact us
8.0 Limitations on our Liability
8.1 In the interest of safety, spares requiring exposure to mains voltages must only be fitted by competent persons.
8.2 Kohler Mira Ltd will not consider compensation for loss of use of the product or consequential losses of any kind.
8.3 The Terms & Conditions set out above do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
9.0 Import/Export Laws
Kohler Mira and/or other members of the Kohler Group is/are required to comply with International laws and regulations pertaining to the import and export of commodities, services, software, and technology (“Import/Export Laws”) to assure that no portion of the products is sold or transferred in violation of the Import/Export Laws, or used for purposes prohibited by the Import/Export Laws. Kohler Mira reserves the right to cancel any order, at any time even after shipment, in its sole discretion, if it determines that the sale or supply to you may constitute a violation of, or non-compliance with, any import/export law by it or by any member of the Kohler Group.
10.0 UK Tax Strategy
This document applies to all Kohler Group companies within the UK and is intended to comply with the requirements of Schedule 19 of the Finance Act 2016. Tax governance within the Group is the responsibility of the Chief Financial Officer and management of tax risk is carried out globally by the VP Taxation, supported in the UK by the EMEA Tax Team.
The Kohler Group of entities is committed to:
- Follow all applicable laws and regulations relating to our tax activities.
- Maintain an open and honest relationship with the tax authorities.
- Apply diligence and care in managing our processes and procedures by which all tax related activities are undertaken ensuring that our tax governance is appropriate.
- Use incentives granted by governmental bodies to minimize the tax cost of conducting our business while ensuring we are within both the letter and the intent of the legislation.
- The Kohler Group of entities is diverse in its businesses and geographies. The Group’s controls are designed to reduce risks of errors and omissions in our processes.
- Identified Tax Risks are assessed on a case by case basis, allowing the Group to arrive at well-reasoned conclusions on how each individual Risk should be managed. Where there is uncertainty in how the relevant tax law should be applied, external advice may be sought to support the Group’s decision making process.
- The following are considered when assessing Tax Risks:
- The legal and fiduciary duties of directors and employees.
- The requirements of any related internal policies or procedures.
- The maintenance of the Group’s positive corporate reputation, having particular regard to the way we interact with the communities around us.
- The Group has appropriate internal controls and approvals for all its tax affairs.
- Tax planning strategies are based upon business purpose, commercial needs and ensure the companies affairs are carried out in a tax efficient manner while remaining compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
- The Group seeks external advice regarding the consequences of tax planning strategies.
Approach to dealing with HMRC and other Tax Authorities
- We hold candid and transparent communication with HMRC and other Tax Authorities, in advance of a transaction where appropriate, and are committed to the following:
- Fair, accurate and timely disclosure in tax returns and making responses to queries and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Seek to resolve issues promptly and, where disagreements arise, to work co-operatively with HMRC and other Tax Authorities to quickly resolve these disputes.
- Implement tax planning strategies based upon strong business purpose where outcomes are consistent with the economic consequences of the transactions and are not contrary to the legislative intentions, as verified by external advisers.
- Ensure all interactions with HMRC and other Tax Authorities are conducted in a collaborative and professional manner.
If you have any questions or concerns please Contact Us.