Meditation is proven to have a plethora of benefits for the mind, body, and soul. From helping relieve stress to reducing muscle tension, it also provides a great opportunity for reflection after a long day. If you’re struggling to find the time to meditate, consider taking advantage of your bath or shower – the perfect stress-reliever.
How can I de-stress in the bath?
Here we explore some tried-and-tested methods for shower and bath time meditation:
You already allow yourself time to have a bath or shower in the morning, but if you’re planning to meditate it’s important to give yourself enough time to cleanse both your body and your mind – which could take a little longer than your usual shower ritual before work. Instead, save some time in the evening for a longer bath or shower, so you can benefit from a full, unrushed meditation experience.
Lay everything out that you need
Nothing spoils a relaxing meditation session than searching for a clean towel at the end, so lay out everything you’re going to need in advance. This means you can just slip into the shower without delay, and step out feeling relaxed and cleansed of negative energy.
Leave your phone and any other electronic devices in a different room. You don’t want your meditation ruined by listening to them ‘ping’ every five minutes.
Get the water temperature just right
When it comes to having the perfect bath or shower, it’s important to get the water temperature just right. While a colder water temperature can be useful for waking up in the morning, it could keep you from feeling calm. However, water that’s too hot can cause skin to become dry, and can be uncomfortable after a few minutes. The trick is to settle on a water temperature that’s somewhere in the middle.
To get your shower temperature right every time, install a Mira digital shower. With greater control at the touch of a button, you can ensure the perfect, pleasurable shower experience without the fuss of fiddling with a manual temperature control.
What can I put in my bath to make it more relaxing?
Add bath salts
With a range of benefits, bath salts have been used for thousands of years. Here are some of the best bath salts for relaxation:
- Lavender-Scented Bath Salts: lavender is the most popular scents for relaxation, and is proven to reduce stress and promote a good night’s sleep
- Chamomile Mineral Salts: known for its calming effects, add some chamomile bath salts to your bath to help relax your muscles and ease anxiety
- Epsom Bath Salts: these salts are known for their healing qualities, and will help to sooth sore muscles, making them perfect for a post-gym soak
Use Aromatherapy oils
To experience the benefits of aromatherapy products, add a couple of aromatherapy oil drops to your bath. Each essential oil has its own unique benefits:
- Lavender Oil: improves sleep quality and promotes better concentration during the day
- Peppermint Oil: helps to alleviate an upset tummy and nausea, anxiety and headaches
- Tea Tree Oil: has antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral qualities, and inhibits the growth of yeast infections
- Rose Oil: promotes good mood and fights against harmful organisms
- Jasmine Oil: Increases alertness and promotes an uplifted mood