Mira Showers has collaborated with Wood Green, The Animals Charity and Purplebone Dog Grooming Specialists on this piece.
If you’re looking for a dog friendly shampoo which is free from parabens, harsh chemicals and detergents, search online for calming oatmeal shampoo.
- Mira Showers monitored six Instagram image hashtags relevant to dogs being groomed at home (including #puppybath, #dogbath, #muckypup, #puppybathtime, #dogbathtime and #doginshower) and enlisted a panel of dog lovers to identify Instagram’s best pampered pets
- Mira Showers commissioned Censuswide to conduct a survey of 1,007 dog owners in the UK between Sept 4th and Sept 9th 2020. Censuswide abides by and employs members of the Market Research Society which is based on the ESOMAR principles.
- Specific dog breeds have been mapped to their respective groups by the American Kennel Club
- Search data has been taken from estimated average monthly search volumes using Ahrefs Keywords Explorer, UK Google search volumes
- The most recent figures from ONS estimates the UK adult population (18+) is 52,673,433. The PDSA estimates that 26% of the UK adult population are dog owners (approximately equates to 13,695,093 UK adults). 0.6% of survey respondents say they spend over £3001 on professional dog grooming each year, which is approximately 81,486 dog owners.
About Wood Green
Founded in 1924, Wood Green are a national charity dedicated to improving pet welfare in the UK and beyond. Wood Green, The Animals Charity in Godmanchester has become one of the largest pet rehoming centres in Europe for the care of dogs, cats, and smalls pets. They are recognised innovators, setting national standards in animal welfare.
Insights provided by Ness Croft-Taylor (City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate for Dog Grooming) - Veterinary Surgery Manager and qualified dog groomer at Wood Green, The Animals Charity.
Inspired by their own four dogs, Jacob and Julian founded Purplebone in 2010 to fill a much-needed gap in the market for a quality grooming salon-cum-pet store. Purplebone is now a well-loved destination for the dog community, in the heart of their West London neighbourhood. Purplebone has appeared on programmes for Sky 1 and Channel 4, and has been featured in various publications, including Time Out, The Evening Standard and British Vogue.
Insights provided by Olivia Irvine – Customer Care Manager and Billy Barlos - Senior Groomer (certified Groomer and Crufts 2020 participant)