If you’re looking for space-saving hacks for your home, discover the benefits of a Jack and Jill bathroom. Whether you’re redesigning your family bathroom or want to incorporate a Jack and Jill ensuite, find out everything you need to know about this unique bathroom design!
What is a Jack and Jill bathroom?
If you don’t have the space for an ensuite, consider a Jack and Jill bathroom. This convenient and space-saving design places a bathroom between two bedrooms, with access via two doors.
They’re a great option for couples, friends or families, but what are the main benefits of a Jack and Jill bathroom, and is it the right choice for you? Here are the top five reasons to choose this bathroom configuration:
1. Save space: By sharing a larger bathroom instead of installing two separate ensuite units, you can maximise the space in your home.
2. Create one larger bathroom: Jack and Jill bathrooms are often more spacious than an ensuite, so you might find you can fit a freestanding bath or additional storage space.
3. Two sinks: Jack and Jill bathrooms have two sinks, allowing two people in your household to use the bathroom at the same time. This can be ideal for teaching your kids to brush their teeth or how to share a space with their siblings. It also makes them a popular choice for couples or close friends, meaning no more queuing to use the bathroom!
4. Cost-effective: Jack and Jill bathrooms can be a more cost-effective choice, as you’re only installing one bathroom suite rather than two.
5. Privacy: You won’t compromise on privacy, as both doors can be locked whilst the bathroom is in use.
Essential components of a Jack and Jill bathroom
The following components characterise Jack and Jill bathrooms, but you can always replace or add any features that would work better for your home and lifestyle:
- Two sinks, complete with taps of your choice.
- Two or three doors (one to each bedroom, with the option to add another to the hallway).
- A toilet.
- A shower. We recommend the Mira dual shower range for power and performance.
Whether you're Jack and Jill, Jill and Jill, Jack and Jack, parents and kids or roommates, this unique bathroom design is the perfect solution to save space in your home. Still struggling for Jack and Jill bathroom ideas? Read our blog post on easy bathroom storage hacks to discover more tips for getting the most out of your space.